Thursday, July 17, 2014

On Serving

I have been cooking a lot since I’ve been in Hawaii since I volunteered to make Jim breakfast, lunch, and dinner since he is at work during the day and does not come back until dinner time. Through this, I have realized how much satisfaction and comfort it gives me to serve someone else.  Is this normal?  I feel like I’ve grown up in a generation where girls are supposed to learn how to “be independent”, “get out of the kitchen”, “stop making sandwiches”, or “focus on a career”.
I am by no means saying that being able to cater to someone else takes precedence to focusing on yourself and your own needs – but there is something so fulfilling about feeling needed by another person and being able to “feed” them sotospeak.
I don’t know if this is a phase that I am going through, or if it is a crying panic because I am entering my late 20s.  Whatever it is, it is something new to deal with and a feeling I’ve never really experienced before.
100_9255
banana bread
100_9253
avocado
100_9208
strawberry mochi, which I clearly did not make but I felt should be included.

4 comments:

  1. looks good, and i think for a relationship to work one side has to sacrifice

    ReplyDelete
  2. but in the end, just do what u want, don't try to live a life for others

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vince. Yeah, I am just doing things that give me satisfaction and I was so surprised to see how fulfilled this made me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let the world dictate to you what true "feminism" really is! We can cook AND conquer the world at the same time! :) And I plan to do so haha. By the way, that mochi looks so delicious!

    xx,
    Cass
    http://floatingendless.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete