Saturday, July 5, 2014

That Thing Called Change

It’s already July and I cannot believe I’ve been here 1 month already.  Of course, time always passes quickly when you don’t want it to.  I’ve learned a multitude of things, a lot of which I doubt I can articulate into words, as they are only feelings or extensions of preconceptions or emotions that I’ve harbored myself for awhile now.  In addition to learning more about myself, I’ve also learned more about others.
 
So what is noteworthy?  Probably the things that aren’t directly related to me, such as change.  I realized that there are so many things that I cannot control in life, and that is a huge issue for me.  I love to have control over what happens with me, in terms of my future and the present.  Of course because I’m so focused on the future I lose myself in the present and am hardly aware that it is even there.

My job for instance.  There was nothing I could have done to control what happened (except maybe not have majored in literary arts).  Other than that, nothing.  Change happens when you least expect it.  Sometimes it is wonderful and sometimes it is not.  I don’t think I’ll ever be fully comfortable with change, I just need to take the steps and measures to respond appropriately and not completely lose myself in circumstance.

There is more change coming.  More change when I move back: without a job, not too much direction, and back with my parents.  A lot of people say that the idea of change stems from how you look at it.  Look at it in a positive light and it will be bright. 


So can I do that?  Let’s try.


These papaya will change ^^…very quickly actually.  I give them a day.  Luckily they were only $1 for 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment